WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 27, 2014

Here I go!

This past week was Missions Conference 
at my sending church (Mt.Zion Baptist).


What a great week of preaching, testimonies from
 the missionaries, & stirring slide presentations.


Today, I head back to Africa.
It has been a blessing to be home, get recharged, 
& to report to my supporters.


My church had a special service on Sunday night to send me off.

The Smiles & Sunshine Ministry gave me a fuzzy blanket 
to remind me of the blessed time we had together serving the Lord.

Pastor preached from the following passage:
Romans 16:1&2 ¶  I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, 
and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: 
for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also."

After the message, the ladies of the church gathered around me 
to pray for the Lord to protect, guide, & strengthen me.

I am blessed to have a wonderful group of believers here 
holding me up in prayer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will miss you! Praying night and day for your first weeks in Africa to go well. ~Kelsey Tome