WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Blessed Baby Shower


When I first arrived in Zambia,
the ladies at our church had a baby shower
for one of our church members who had twins.


This was a fun and special occasion for the ladies from our church.


This type of "ministry" has a few specific purposes.

First of all, it gives the ladies a chance to fellowship.
Many of our ladies are busy in various ministries.
Sometimes a week goes by where we don't get to see each other because one or the other is busy teaching or helping in a class or the nursery.


Secondly, it provides us a chance to honor a lady who is faithful to church, married to her original and only husband, 
and one who has a good testimony for the Lord.


Thirdly, this is a good example to the other woman of the church of how God blesses you and provides for your needs when you are faithful to Him.


We hope that there will be may more occasions 
for our ladies to gather together in godly fellowship.


No comments: