WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Sunday School Class


In January, our church divided up the children's ministries even more 
by providing an 11-13 year old Sunday School class for boys and one for girls.  
I was very excited to teach the girl's class. 


We have been studying -
Who is God?
Who is Jesus?
What about Heaven and Hell?
What is sin?
- by studying through the New Testament.


This young lady is one, of a number of girls, 
who have accepted Christ as Saviour after one of our Sunday School classes.



Many times, attendance reaches over 42 girls in this small classroom space.
Like in April, when we used up every chair 
and had to use some small benches to seat everyone.
Every week of April, I had to stand against the wall in a corner to teach 
- PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We currently have over 15 girls enrolled in the Bible Reading program.  Some have read over 10 chapters in Matthew and have answered questions on what they have read.


In 2015, we are working on the whole class memorizing Psalm1.

During the month of April, I challenged them to memorize Proverbs 31:10-31.
Over half of the girls memorized part of it, 
with 4 grils having all 23 verses memorized in just 4 short weeks!!!



Praise the Lord for girls who want to hide God's Word in their hearts!








No comments: